This introductory video will serve to outline the project and present key, overriding principles common to the individual videos as part of the whole.
- Applying Historical Techniques to Bach
- The instruments and their techniques in Bach’s time and the ramifications for us as players of both modern and period instruments
- Approaches to working with the manuscript sources, particularly with regard to interpreting slurs and bowings
- Bach’s relationship to and knowledge of dance
- General approaches to 18th century performance techniques
- Bowing techniques